May – September
Bubbling Sojourn in Champagne
3 days / 2 nights
Visiting Reims Cathedral and Hautvillers, the village of Dom Perignon.
- Visiting and tasting in two prestigious champagne houses, respectively in Reims and Epernay.
- Visiting an offbeat wine estate where the « Montagne de Reims » reveals its secrets.
- A Sabrage contest : you are invited to open a bottle of champagne with a sword.
- Special dinner with matching of champagne and food.
Day 1 : Reims
- Visiting Reims Cathedral and the Palais du Tau.
- In Reims, visiting a prestigious champagne house with its typical crayères (chalk well) and tasting several champagne.
Lunch in a famous brasserie in the city centre.
- Visiting the Fossier House and tasting the pink biscuit which goes so well with champagne.
- Time at disposal, free dinner and overnight.
Day 2 : the « Montagne de Reims » and the Marne Valley
- Visiting an offbeat wine estate in the heart of the Montagne de Reims followed by a comparative tasting of several champagne.
- Visiting Hautvillers, The village of Dom Pérignon. This famous monk
brought decisive innovations in the production and conservation of champagne.
- Lunch at a champagne bar in the village.
- You are introduced to the art of opening a bottle of champagne with a sword.
- Time at disposal.
- Dinner in a gourmet restaurant with matching of champagne and food.
Day 3 : Epernay and the « Côte des Blancs »
- Visiting a prestigious champagne House in Epernay and tasting.
- Driving along the most famous wine Route of Champagne, the “Côte des Blancs” where the chardonnay prevails.
- Visiting and tasting in a champagne house, in Avize, village classified 100% Grand Cru.
- Lunch in a restaurant in Bergères-lès-Vertus.
- Visiting the Museum Jean de la Fontaine, in the poet’s native house, in Château-Thierry.
- Back to Paris.